As the Why I’m Doing What I Do page indicates, it is my Worldview — my Value System — that drives me, and the background I shared there will give you a perspective on how that value system developed and how it has motivated me to become more actively involved in trying to make a difference in this country’s direction. That’s the “Why”. This page will outline the “What”, and I expect it will evolve over time as I find new opportunities to enable me to be a person who is making a difference.
It boils down to five things that I feel compelled to do. I simply cannot sit idly by and watch the country I love — the country that has provided such opportunity for me — continue on the destructive and unsustainable course it has charted during the past few years. At this writing, here’s what I intend to be doing for as long as I am able:
- Pray for our nation and its leaders — that they may be granted wisdom beyond their natural abilities.
- Communicate my thoughts — in conversations, through writings like I’ll be doing here, through music, etc. — with anybody who will listen to me about what’s going on, why it needs to change, and what needs to happen to make it change.
- Advocate for political candidates who I believe are the kind of leaders we need to get us on a more stable path.
- Prepare those closest to me for what I believe is coming if nothing changes.
- Protect my family from harm that can easily come to anyone in this climate.